I fell pregnant with PCOS: My Story

Is it possible to fall pregnant while having PCOS? Is it possible to have my own baby with PCOS? How can I fall pregnant with PCOS? 

PCOS: Pregnancy
PCOS: Pregnancy

I've always dreamt of being a mother. My biggest wish had always been to have a healthy baby boy and raise him to be the perfect gentleman. In 2014 this dream came true.

Leading up to my pregnancy; from the first time I started getting my period at age 13, my period had always been irregular and inconsistent. At times I would go up to 5 or 6 months (if not longer) without having a period at all. 

In 2013 I paid a visit to my gynecologist for a check up as I hadn't had my period in a good few months. Upon doing a sonar my gynecologist informed me that I hadn't been having my period because I was not ovulating. I had numerous cysts on my ovaries. The Doctor confirmed that I had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). 

The doctor suggested and prescribed Clomid to help me ovulate. He explained that by taking Clomid I was basically guaranteed to ovulate and get my period. He was so confident that he stated that the instance where I would not have gotten my period by the time I saw him again would be if I was pregnant. The Clomid tablets were relatively cheap. I remember paying about R 200 for the tablets that I needed. I was very excited to take the tablets and get my system back on track.

I had a follow-up appointment for 6 weeks later. During the period after taking the Clomid I felt sure that I would have my period in no time. I had all the period symptoms (cramping, bloating, lower back discomfort etc) - but my period never arrived.

When I saw my gynae for my follow-up appointment I informed him that the Clomid had infact NOT worked as I still hadn't gotten my period. He did an internal Sonar again and to my surprise I had not gotten my period because I was pregnant with my son.

PCOS: Pregnant

It was really that simple for me! One cycle of Clomid was all it took. Clomid was also not an expensive fertility drug and was well within my affordability and that is why I decided to give it a shot. I am really Blessed that I was able to conceive my son that easily.

As with any form of medication you do need to take Clomid under your doctors "supervision". You do need a prescription to get Clomid in most countries. I needed a prescription from my Gynae to get Clomid. I do believe that some GP's are able to prescribe Clomid so you may be able to check with your GP too depending on where you are located and the laws there. Please read up on Clomid as with everything else there are side-effects for some people as well as pro's and cons to everything. I have not experienced any adverse effects whatsoever and my son is perfectly healthy and amazing.

If you are open to taking something to assist ovulation I would definitely suggest you give Clomid at least one shot as a quick solution to any PCOS / Ovulation fertility issues you may be experiencing. Clomid does not erase or fix your PCOS though and you're very likely to have your symptoms return and your period disappear again. It does induce ovulation so you can still fall pregnant with it though.

If you are looking for a more long-term solution to PCOS, to fall pregnant Naturally or to treat you PCOS symptoms long term then I definitely would urge you to follow the lifestyle changes I suggest in this website.

I did not fall pregnant fully "naturally" with my son but with the aid of Clomid stimulating my ovulation. I would love for my future pregnancies to be fully Natural though and that's why I am fully advocating for this lifestyle change.

It is possible to fall pregnant fully naturally without even the aid of Clomid. There are numerous stories about women all over the world who have managed to do this. You can find tons of success stories online by just doing a quick google search.

I look forward to sharing this wonderful and amazing journey with you! I will be posting regularly so be sure to subscribe or check back frequently.

Please share your story below!!!

Comments

Popular Posts