I got my period back without birth control / the pill: My Story

Is it possible to get a regular period with PCOS? Is it possible to get my period back without the pill? How can I naturally get my period back with PCOS? 


For as long as I can remember, my period has always been irregular. Initially I was informed that at the beginning of Menstruation (from age 12 or 13) for a few cycles or a couple of years your period is bound to be irregular and that it is natural and to be expected.

This was not just a few cycles for me or even a year or two - this was my permanent situation. I had PCOS and I didn't even know it. 

Throughout my teens and early adulthood I would go months without getting my period. On many occasions I had even become convinced that I was pregnant due to the bloating and lack of period I was experiencing. I have totally lost count of the number of negative pregnancy tests I've received in my lifetime. As some of you would be familiar - it is a very sad and tiresome experience to keep going through.

After struggling with PCOS for years I was finally at the heaviest weight I had ever been in my entire lifetime and that was when I decided it was time to make a change.

My doctor prescribed Birth Control / The Pill as a way to treat my PCOS symptoms namely the absence of my period. I started on the pill but very reluctantly as I was fully aware that the Pill / Birth control would not give me back my period or aid in ovulation. On the contrary, Birth control would stop my ovulation all together which is the furthest from what I was trying to achieve. I wanted to get my period back and  start ovulating again naturally. I also knew that Birth control would affect my hormones and I was trying to get my hormones back in check.

I was fortunate enough to become successful in my hunt for answers and to  learn all about managing my PCOS naturally. I was determined to try everything that I had learnt and got straight to making the lifestyle choices immediately. After 6 months without having a menstrual period at all and 3 weeks after implementing the lifestyle changes I got my period back NATURALLY - without any medications, treatments or vitamins. It has been 2 years now and I am still getting my menstrual cycle every month on a predictable 30 to 32 day cycle!

I am extremely thankful that I was able to regulate my cycle naturally and I strongly believe that you can too if you follow the same lifestyle changes that I did.

I look forward to sharing this wonderful and amazing journey with you! I will be posting regularly so be sure to subscribe or check back frequently.

Please share your story below!!!

Comments

Popular Posts